sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 10, 2019 at 05:12 AM

@Amy3boys

I have taken adderall for nearly 17y years. The daily max recommended for adhd is 40mg. The daily recommended max for fatigue and narcolepsy is 60.mg. I have specific medical absorption issues so I take 20mg of XR 4 times a day. People get freaked out when they see "daily recommended dose" maximums because its made to seem like a higher dose is dangerous. If you have a good doctor they will work with you on tweaking it. I havent had to go higher and higher. I took dexedrine spansules for 7 years and then switched to adderall xr at 20mg 3x a day. After I had gastric bypass along with other stuff my dose increased to 20mg 4x a day. I have been on this dose for 3 years and previously I had been on the 60mg for 5 years. It makes sense that you would have some sort of tolerance but is that really the reason to stop it? Would you consider raising your dose or how many times you take it during the day? Are you on xr or ir? Have you looked into dexedrine? Sorry to pepper you with questions I am just passionate about safe and effective responsible use of adderall. Because its a CII substance and asshole college kids abuse it, it gives us all a bad look.
Quote:
Adderall, a stimulant medication made of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine salts, is used to treat the symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, fatigue and the sleep disorder narcolepsy. Generic names for this drug are dextroamphetamine sulfate, dextroamphetamine saccharate, amphetamine sulfate and amphetamine aspartate. The maximum recommended daily dose of Adderall is 40 mg for ADHD and 60 mg for narcolepsy and fatigue according to the Physicians Desk Reference 2011.
What Is the Largest Daily Dose of Adderall? | Livestrong.com

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
Amy3boys