View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Aug 10, 2019 at 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
Do you have a basement?
Your local power company should have on its website information on what to do if there is a power outage. The same could be used for a bad thunderstorm or tornado warning.
Probably is not the best idea to go outside!
Yes thankfully for the first time in my life I have a basement. My concern was the house getting struck by lighting and a subsequent potential fire. My car is parked feet from my front door so it would have been seconds to the car. As I mentioned this just happened to a neighbor (house struck by lighting) and even though they were all ok their house was so messed up they had to live in a trailer for year.

Quote:
my only hope is these storms won't be so bad in the future.
Same here-- thanks, I don't know if it is a larger issue or just where I have moved to. It seems like where I am is the point where the jet stream hits the cold air from the ocean. Winter can be insane as well.

Also very frustrating, my area is not set up for storms. In Michigan they had very good radar and they could pin point issues coming. But these storms... horrible. The future cast had these storms not even coming my way, but they did, and the radar photos seemed inaccurate all night. If it was coming down hard here, the radar didn't seem to reflect that.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote