View Single Post
blackocean

Member Since Aug 2018
28 hugs
given
Default Aug 10, 2019 at 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
I'm unclear as to why you say my T keeps persuading me to come back. This time, for example, when I questioned if he's the right T for me, he said he wasn't the person to answer that question. And that he just wants what's best for me. The stuff about whether I'd be better off with a warm/fuzzy T--that's come up time and time again. And much of it is me saying that part of me wants that, but part knows that it might not be best for me in the long run.
s.
Why do you think it’s not the best for you to have someone warmer? Boundaries can still ne firm with a warm person like the woman who put her hand on your shoulder, or someone who wouldn’t be freaked by the stone thing, etc etc. Maybe it’s good to work through that need to “ask for more” for “proof” of care with someone who is more understanding of transference and attachment problems bc he really doesn’t seem to get it

Edit: also it’s okay to want a warm therapist, just because you crave warmth from people doesn’t mean that need is something you need to deny yourself in your therapy, imo, I don’t want a cold therapist and I am not like you at all really

Last edited by blackocean; Aug 10, 2019 at 09:48 PM..
blackocean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
comrademoomoo, LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty