View Single Post
Hummingbird1950

Member Since May 2011
66 hugs
given
Default Aug 11, 2019 at 07:21 AM

Hello Amandalouise ~ I had no idea that DDNOS was no longer used. I did look up OSDD disorder and it's very broad and I have no idea where I would fit in the new category.

I did spend several weeks at Shepherd Pratt Hospital in 2001, in their trauma wing and had Dr. Loewenstein as my primary psych doc there and this was his dx as being DDNOS. With the 30 year history with my former psych doc (now retired), he always felt I dissociate. However, my neurologist feels I have some type of petite mal seizures too. So, there are the two differing thoughts.

When I am out in public and talking face to face with someone that I may feel as threatening, I disappear for a few minutes and the person I am talking to has to reach out to me to bring me back into the present moment.

I do have early childhood trauma and ongoing trauma throughout life that was never properly treated long term.

Just looked up Shepherd Pratt and there is alot of information about the new classifications of DSM-5.

I will look up your dx and see how that applies to you "my OSDD disorders are macropsia and tachypsychia among others.". How are you managing this, are you in therapy for help with this complex disorder?

Thank you so much for this new information.

Birdie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
welcome

I have OSDD too.

DDNOS name was discontinued back in 2013 around the world, now the name is called OSDD and there are many different dissociative disorders in that name.

my OSDD disorders are macropsia and tachypsychia among others.

for me making coffee mistakes like that is not part of my OSDD disorders.

my suggestion is let your treatment providers know what happened and they can tell you which OSDD disorder you have and if your having trouble making coffee is part of that disorder for you. they will be able to tell you what you need to do in order to be able to make your coffee with out your OSDD symptoms interfering depending upon which OSDD disorder you have.
Hummingbird1950 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote