View Single Post
Hummingbird1950

Member Since May 2011
66 hugs
given
Default Aug 11, 2019 at 09:22 AM

Hello ~ I am on Lamictal. Started on 12.5 mg 2 months ago and on my 3rd month I am now up to 25 mg at night.

I have found that I am now having significant insomnia. Where I have always struggled with insomnia, not like this.

So, I now take one quarter of a 25 mg tablet of Seroquel to help me feel sleepy and get to sleep, but I do wake up 4 hours later. Then I take another quarter and back to sleep I go, but have to wait an hour in my recliner until it takes effect.

Just recently added Benadryl to the mix and I do take .5 mg of Klonopin at night.

In the morning I do have the sedation hangover and it takes half a day to work thru that and I am not capable of doing much.

I have felt the Lamictal is activating and may try it in the morning instead.

I have done numerous sleep studies. They found I have restless limb and restless legs and I have hundreds of wake ups throughout the night. So, the findings are that I have mild obstructive sleep apnea. I stopped using the appliance and machine in December 2018 because I could never adjust to all the appliances after years of trying. Now wearing my fitness tracker which translates to my apple app to track my sleep throughout the night. It still shows I have alot of awakenings all throughout the night and could be why I always wake up tired and have fatigue during the day.

So, it's a mixed bag...... could be the Lamictal is playing a part in all the insomnia I am experiencing now which is worsening as I increase the dose. If it wasn't for the Seroquel I don't know what I would do for sleep.

Keep posting as I am interesting in your experience with Lamictal. Thank you for posting this.

Birdie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifecansuck View Post
Yes, I have to wait until October though. Not to be pessimistic but lets say they confirm yes, you have a problem, what can they do about it? Another med? I dont have sleep apnea (I dont snore). I have pretty good sleep "hygiene" as Ive had issues before for a different reason. But hey, you never know and the study is a good "foundation" to figuring it out I guess.
Hummingbird1950 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote