View Single Post
MrsA

Member Since Apr 2019
398 hugs
given
Default Aug 11, 2019 at 06:08 PM

I work for the family business and times are hard so we might lose everything if I slack off. My partner is an older sibling whom I believe to be a narcissist. She is the one I referred to in my post about a family member who goes around yelling curses every day.

Today, my sibling/business partner was unusually rude to me. Right afterwards, she ordered me to do some work on a new project that she is obsessed with. I don't feel like dropping everything to obey her orders because she does not have the right to act like she's my boss or expect my cooperation right after she was nasty to me. So I plan to refuse and take the rest of my Sunday off.

When she confronts me about not doing what she wanted, I am considering telling her that she can't treat me rudely and then order me around. I want to know if it is a bad idea to say somethings like that to a narcissist? She does have the power to retaliate, but I feel she is trying to set new standards of nastiness and entitlement in her relationship with me and control all aspects of the family business and properties.

Before anyone suggest I leave and get a new job, please believe that I am in serious financial trouble and don't have that option now. Does anyone with knowledge of experience with narcissists have an opinion on whether it is a mistake to tell a narcissist that I refuse because of the way they talked to me?
MrsA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky