View Single Post
darrinbailey
Newly Joined

Member Since Aug 2019
Default Aug 12, 2019 at 02:43 AM

I am a recovering alcoholic. Had a drunken blackout and apparently said some pretty ugly things. Anyway after a 21 day gap my wife filed a Victims Protection Order. After I read the order I voluntarily checked into an alcohol and drug treatment facility. While in treatment my wife filed for divorce. Married 20 years in October.

To my question. We are still separated due to the VPO. At the VPO hearing she requested that we be allowed to go to counseling and that our youngest daughter be removed from the VPO.

I spoke with two counselors near our area. Due to the VPO I had my mother contact her to see if she wanted to attend counseling.

Her answer, via text, was a very abrupt NO. I take that as meaning she is done with the marriage and not willing to work on it. Is that a correct interpretation. I know that the community(we live in a small rural community) has had a rough day a long term teacher passed away.

I appreciate your thoughts. I personally love my wife, but completely understand why she would have a trust issue with me. I have not been sober for 60 days yet, will be on Wednesday.

Thoughts appreciated.
darrinbailey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Skeezyks