View Single Post
fern46
Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 12, 2019 at 07:49 AM

I have lived in 13 different homes and apartments in my life. Some were more comfortable than others. The thing that was consistent was me. I made it a home. Otheriwse, it would just be some rooms in a building. I think maybe the key is to focus less on the details of the structure and its contents and to focus more on finding inner peace no matter where you are. If you can find center, you can bring that with you anywhere.

I also agree with Christina. There may be things you can do to make the place you live more homey. I'd maybe spend time visualizing your optimal home conditions and then attempt to bring elements of that to your living space. Tiny changes can make a huge difference sometimes.

I have been in my current home for 6 years and there are always little projects to do. There are all kinds of things 'wrong' here. I think of fixing them as investing in my own comfort. There are also projects that arise due to unforseen disasters. I try to just roll with it and use those as opportunities to upgrade things I wouldn't have otherwise invested in. For example our AC blew out on the day we moved in and our basement flooded after a contractor did a poor job replacing a door. Now we have efficient air units and nice waterproof flooring in the basement. The bills that go along with those disasters aren't fun to deal with, but we have enjoyed the upgrades.

I hope the animals making a home in your home decide to move. There are sprays you can buy made from essential oils that bother them. I have one I use for squirrels, raccoons and opossum.
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote