View Single Post
WishfulThinker66
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default Aug 14, 2019 at 09:39 AM

I think you are smart to have logically made out an argument for why not to - at least at this time. No child should intentionally be brought up in an atmosphere where a parent acknowledges the circumstances would not be the best - especially financial. Caring for a baby is a huge responsibility and making a choice to have one should be made considering the environment it will be brought up in --- for the long-term. What plans has your wife laid out in her argument for such things as child care or if one of you ought to give up a career to rear this child? What plans has she laid out for providing an education? Can you afford extracurricular activities for this child? Has she acknowledged she is willing to make new lifestyle choices and sacrifice most of what she has the freedom to do now?

To be blunt, it sounds a bit like someone wanting a puppy and not considering the responsibilities that come with that. I would say have your wife talk to young mother's but she seems as though she would put on the blinders when it comes to anything negative they might have to say.

This isn't healthy this obsession of hers. You might want to consider, I am sorry to say, whether she might take things upon herself to make this happen without your approval in the matter. You may have to make some boundaries in this respect.

The only way I see confronting this is to tell her you won't participate in this discussion until she can have such a conversation without getting emotional.

Couples counselling is my suggestion.
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady

Thanks for this!
BubonicPlague