View Single Post
winter4me
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2012
1,818 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 14, 2019 at 08:09 PM

[QUOTE=Nxious;6605422]This is true if you don't get interviews every 3-4 months. You get better at interviews with close frequency. In this particular interview, I answered all questions with confidence, until he asked me a couple of technical questions not directly related to my specialization and previous work, and I talked about my background and previous work at the very beginning of the interview, when he rudely interrupted me. I wouldn't have known in advance he would ask them for this position. I felt he wanted just to trip me, otherwise why would he ask me questions not related to my work, and I didn't mention anything he asked about in my resume or when I introduced myself?

In general, there is this mentality, especially in the industry, where you have to know everything, and be ready to "hit the ground running". Employers have no will to train new employees with the necessary background. They want you to get experience somewhere else first, and then they take you ready!! They are not willing to invest in new employees to maximize their profits.[/QUOTE
]
/sad but too true...

winter4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote