Magnate

Member Since Jul 2013
365 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 16, 2019 at 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMirrors3 View Post
I think therapists can be helpful assuming you have a goal. I’ve consulted with a few over the years about the main one I had the problem with. I went with the topics of:

“I need to know if my therapist is behaving ethically”

“I need to know if this is a normal therapy reaction from a client. I haven’t been able to get a straight answer from my therapist”

“I need to decide if I want to switch therapists.”

“I need your help to leave a toxic therapy relationship.”

I think if you’re looking to vent or don’t have direction, many therapists wouldn’t want to get involved for fear of disrupting another therapist’s work. However, if they see themselves as helping you towards a larger end goal, they are more willing to assist.
My direction would be to help me break my transference and help me feel better because my T is not doing that. He is just being a stern jerk to make the safe caring environment he spent almost 2 years creating into a toxic, punishing awkward place. Of course he would say I was delusional and that is not what he is doing.

Leaving him is not an option at this time. I would collapse and die.

When a child’s emotional needs are not met and a child is repeatedly hurt and abused, this deeply and profoundly affects the child’s development. Wanting those unmet childhood needs in adulthood. Looking for safety, protection, being cherished and loved can often be normal unmet needs in childhood, and the survivor searches for these in other adults. This can be where survivors search for mother and father figures. Transference issues in counseling can occur and this is normal for childhood abuse survivors.
MoxieDoxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
here today, koru_kiwi, LonesomeTonight, Out There, RoxanneToto, SalingerEsme

Thanks for this!
SalingerEsme