Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 16, 2019 at 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDancer View Post
That is an amazing question. Thanks so much for asking that, fern! I confess I was not familiar with the concept of "power of intention" before looking it up, based on your post. I'm assuming you're referring to the concept put forth by Dr. Wayne Dyer? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I was slightly familiar with Dr. Dyer, but had/have not read that much from him.

My answer is an absolute "yes", at least in the recent years of my life. I still struggle with it a bit, though, but my belief in it has enriched my life. In my case, I had to go through a trauma because of my bipolar disorder to start to see the world and others differently, AND myself. This new way is so much more enriching.

Q: What are the most important things in your life?
I've actually never heard of him. I studied intention and energy focus through a number of resources focused on metaphysics. I just looked him up and his basic premise seems to be in line with my own understanding of intention.

Intention is loosely defined and setting one's intent can be done in a number of ways. Meditation, prayer, mantras, rituals, etc are all methods of working with intention. They all work with energy and channel it toward one's desires.

I feel like most people work with intent in one form or another even if it is unknowingly. The question then becomes whether or not the results are any different if you purposefully work with intention to bring about change. I feel like it works, but I've never seen it proven.

Last edited by fern46; Aug 16, 2019 at 01:28 PM..

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341