Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 16, 2019 at 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevatedsoul View Post
Is it possible for them to be one in the same for someone?

A dissociative flashback? Or flashbacks just part of dissociating?

Gulf Bend MHMR Center

I guess it doesnt bother me too much because ive always lived with it.. but it is rather embarrassing sometimes...

Yesterday afterwards i just thought of this website and thought i would enquire
ummm just a guess here since there is no date on the actual article that it was wrote before then change over to the new definitions...

reason I say this is because dissociative problems now have a diagnostic criteria that reality remains intact and the article mentions dissociation as loss of reality.

my suggestion is to go according to your own treatment provider who has the updated definitions,

also yes it is possible for someone to have dissociation symptoms at the same time as having PTSD symptoms. the new diagnostics for Trauma and Stress Related Disorders do include a variety of dissociative "symptoms" and criteria for having both PTSD and dissociative symptoms.

my suggestion is again go according to what your own treatment provider has diagnosed you with and not fall back into the trap of researching online and getting yourself all worked up and stressed out your treatment provider can explain to you whether your diagnosed disorders contain dissociative symptoms too.

Last edited by bluekoi; Aug 16, 2019 at 11:45 PM.. Reason: Administrative edit.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote