View Single Post
-jimi-
Jimi the rat

Member Since Dec 2008
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 16, 2019 at 10:55 PM

DBT might help not only for borderline, but also for other things that bring strong emotions that are hard to handle. I was thought to have BPD but instead I had other things that made me sensitive to my own emotion so to speak. I never had DBT but I had something similar to it, a sort of mix of therapies. I think it could have helped me even though I was there wrongly for BPD that I didn't have, if the therapists had been better.

The old way they diagnosed BPD by a list, you needed 5 of 9 from that list. I had 4. But got the diagnosis anyway.

Most true borderline people I have known have been different from me in that they have either been impulsive and did things without thinking it over, or they were bad at seeing what effects their action would have. I never had that problem. Almost the opposite. It would't have hurt me to have been a little more relaxed and go with the flow. Instead I planned everything a lot and never did the classic bad things. The only bad thing I did back then was self harm.

Hugs from:
Anonymous48813, MickeyCheeky, unaluna

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, unaluna