View Single Post
ScarletPimpernel
Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2013
6,454 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 18, 2019 at 04:56 PM

Maybe it doesn't make any sense, but words DO matter to me. We're taught in therapy to identify our emotions and feelings. We're taught to label them and talk about them. This doesn't just include feelings about yourself and situations; it includes how you feel about people. Words are important, and it's important for me to know how people feel about me.

L gave an example of a T who did love her clients, but never said so. She assumed that her clients would just know that she loved them through actions. To me, that's wrong to just assume people know how you feel.

I can understand being careful and not just telling everyone you love them. In therapy, that can cause others pain, confusion, etc. It can be triggering and bringing up past traumas.

I am ready to know how she feels about me, so long as it's direct and clear which L already knows due to a snafu last session.

I'm not saying actions aren't important. They are. I know this well thanls to Ex-T, H, and all the other people who have abandoned me or abused me.

Maybe I need words because we never used feeling words in my family. The only time we say love to someone is pretty much holidays, if that. Except my mom, she over uses it.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty