View Single Post
Anonymous46653

Default Aug 18, 2019 at 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoiecat View Post
I agree with Susanna. Therapists, especially Pdocs have extensive training in order to diagnose clients. They will not take much value from an online questioner. You seem to be making progress Hope. Please try to concentrate on improving your symptoms regardless of what diagnosis they are from. Just like with the BPD, the diagnosis is not important. Treating the symptoms is what matters. In my opinion, it is just a waste of valuable and expensive time continuing to discuss a diagnosis. You are lucky to be seeing a Pdoc for therapy. If there is a problem with your meds he will be able to assist with that.

You have been making great strides; keep focusing on your treatment plan and trust your Pdoc.

I don't mean to start an argument or anything. But, psychologists also have very extensive training and experience with diagnoses. I have had several psychiatrists make mistakes on my diagnosis, and the psychologists I have seen were right. I know that these experiences are anecdotal. But, I have also worked with psychiatrists in a former career, and have seen them make huge mistakes in diagnoses.

Being a physician doesn't make you an expert at everything.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Hummingbird1950, LonesomeTonight, Rive., stopdog