Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 19, 2019 at 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethRags View Post
Thanks to each of you for your quick replies. I should have posted this yesterday, not waited until an hour before my t appt. So, well, yeah...your replies are helping to sort out what to tell my T.

I can see, when I actually read your words, how taking even a few extra pills could be disastrous. My therapist keeps trying to teach me mindfulness techniques and i think if i hear the word "mindfulness" from one more mental health professional I seriously will puke on their shoes.

I just want to talk about how I feel, not fulfill the agenda they learned in the most recent workshop.

On the other hand, yes...I can clearly see that I need a "tool" so I can cope.

I'm just so tired, wish I could sleep for about 3 days.

If I can help it I won't ever go IP again. The most recent time was in Nov. and it was a nightmare. Really bad. Plus, the town in which i live has only 12 beds in the psych ward so they transfer patients to other hospitals one to three hours away. Talk about crazy

My pdoc...unusual for her - very. She didn't say much except that she told me to come back in 4 days. And my T called me twice, so I guess pdoc told T to check on me. But I know that Dr. psychiatrist will sooo crack down on the amounts of meds she gives me now. Once she mentioned that she prescribe me only 3 days at a time (not because I had taken too many, but because she was just "concerned").

Oh, well. Oh, well. Thank you very, very much fern, jedi, and Birdie
I also got a little tired of hearing the words mindfulness techniques and also coping skills. Then I realized they were basically asking me to ground myself back into the moment and then distract myself for a while until I felt better. I'm a mother of small children. I'm familiar with 'keepin it real' and finding all kinds of creative ways to pass time.

I think the trick is to know it is a moving target and what works in one moment may not be the right fit for the next. Strategy, trial and error and determination can pull you through.

I think it is amazing you were honest about what happened with your med team. I hope this rough patch ends for you soon. Many blessings.
fern46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, Anonymous46341, bizi, Jedi67

Thanks for this!
bizi, Jedi67