View Single Post
yellow_fleurs
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2018
1,265 hugs
given
Default Aug 19, 2019 at 07:23 PM

BethRags I am glad you are okay. That is concerning that you took more pills than prescribed. I am glad you were honest with your psychiatrist and therapist. I am also glad to hear you had a great therapy session. I can understand feeling frustrated at being told to try mindfulness. I have experienced benefits of mindfulness and meditation in the past and am a believer that it can really help me. However, I also find myself sometimes a little frustrated when being repeatedly told to try it. It can feel a bit simplistic when given a quick lesson on mindfulness and then just being told to be more mindful when I am struggling. Sometimes I have felt like when someone tells me to use a coping skill and I am maxed out trying to cope that it's like being told to try harder. I know that's not what is intended, but it can feel that way to me if suggested at the wrong time.
Personally I have come to think with mindfulness it's more about making it a part of a mental health routine and developing it as a skill rather than it being any sort of quick fix or something that can fix any problem we have. I was considering going to a meditation center for sessions so that there is some structure and maybe a motivating group setting. Anyways now I am rambling. I hope you find something that helps and please stay safe and reach out if you need help.
yellow_fleurs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341