catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 20, 2019 at 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fern46 View Post
I also got a little tired of hearing the words mindfulness techniques and also coping skills. Then I realized they were basically asking me to ground myself back into the moment and then distract myself for a while until I felt better. I'm a mother of small children. I'm familiar with 'keepin it real' and finding all kinds of creative ways to pass time.

Oh, wow, yeah...I remember those days. They seem like such a real and innocent time to me, now.

I think the trick is to know it is a moving target and what works in one moment may not be the right fit for the next. Strategy, trial and error and determination can pull you through.

You have described that so perfectly. Better than I've heard anyone describe it. Thanks!

I think it is amazing you were honest about what happened with your med team. I hope this rough patch ends for you soon. Many blessings.

They seemed surprised thast I was honest, too. Which surprised me, haha. I figured it was in my best interest to be honest, and fair to them. But ohhhh, brother....my pdoc will be watching my pills like a hawk now. I'm not looking forward to that annoyance.

Thank you, fern

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote