View Single Post
coolsocks
Newly Joined

Member Since Aug 2019
Confused Aug 20, 2019 at 01:04 PM

Hi, new here, I’ll keep try to this as short as possible.
I’ve basically had a 4-5 year mental breakdown. I was completely alone, struggling with addiction, an ED and always dropping out of work or college because I just couldn’t do anything other than hide myself away from the world.
I finally got diagnosed with BPD and got medicated (i’m from the uk and the nhs mental health services have always failed me) and have been through some DBT.
My only issue is, now that I’m doing better than I was (rock bottom) I don’t know how to function properly. I haven’t successfully completed a college course or held down a job for more than a few months in the past. I simply don’t know how to do it and I’m afraid I’ll go right back into the cycle of burning out. I struggle finding motivation to do just about anything productive and now need to completely reintroduce myself into society. I’m going back to college in September and not knowing whether I’ll cope or not is a scary thought. I don’t want to keep repeating the same mistakes for the rest of my life. Does anyone have any advice on how to get myself going? Feel normal and able to function again?
coolsocks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, MickeyCheeky, Shi m, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
artdeco, MickeyCheeky, Skeezyks