View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 21, 2019 at 04:52 PM

Before my father really declined I would stop and pick him up and take him for a ride. I KNEW the one place I could take him that would perk him up too. I would take him to a certain beach where he could look out at an island that he had lived on for a while with his father and he had so many good memories of things he experienced in that one area. He would stand there and tell me the same things he had told me before, and that never mattered to me because each time he would tell me things I could see him fill up with happiness as he remembered so many good times he had as a boy in that area. That is also where he said he wanted his ashes spread. That is reflecting how emotionally attached he was to that area.

You have shared that you don't have those kinds of attachments and have no problem picking up and going from one place to the next. You do learn and absorb information, you are very articulate and logical. You tend to be able to put things together, your challenged area is understanding the emotional connection to people and things, and bonding which is not just bonding to people but bonding to certain places too, perhaps even bonding to things as for some guys actually form bonds with their cars and boats often saying "she is so fine isn't she?" when he is talking about his truck or car or boat as if it's a woman.
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky