Thread: EMDR
View Single Post
anxiety247

Member Since Aug 2011
4 hugs
given
Default Aug 21, 2019 at 08:03 PM

I have no idea what EMDR is suppose to do. Haven't got that far with it. The therapist put me off with some insensitive comments. I guess complex trauma is not a disability. So that keep circling my head. I am disabled and at some point I will need her to sign papers for my disability. I know change therapists. There aren't many for are trained in complex trauma. I been kicked around the system with therapist who have no idea how to treat it and tell me to forget it. That wasted many yrs of my life.

As for whats on my mind:
1) trauma related anxiety and depression
2) Isolation - no support
3) an ongoing dental issue that causes more anxiety and depression and more isolation
4) pain from the dental causes physical pain - adds more to anxiety and depression
5) female related issues endometriosis and a rather large complex cyst on my ovary- adds more anxiety and depression (not to mention it took over 10 yrs for them to listen to me on this - you know your body any time I complained I was tired/dizzy they said it was anxiety)
6) the pain and extreme fatigue from that also causes anxiety and more depression
It's and unending cycle that I keep looping through
7) then on top of all this I am going through menopause

Its a lot for one person

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Kathleen83, Thirty shades

Thanks for this!
Thirty shades