View Single Post
Hummingbird1950

Member Since May 2011
66 hugs
given
Default Aug 21, 2019 at 08:47 PM

I find that amazing that therapists will have an actual conversation with you about the brain in relation to PTSD. It's soo rare that I have had conversations with a therapist like this, you are soo very fortunate.

I never thought about researching all this. I have been just going merrily along thinking that I could be cured, LOL. It wasn't until I turned 68 that I turned to my psych doc and asked, what gives, I thought I would be cured by now. His response, no chance with your broken brain. But this was the most he explained to me other than pharmaceutical properties of the medications I was taking. He would travel to NIMH with problem patients for help, but with me, but he never did that, oh well, almost too late for me now.

But, it's never to late to learn, so, with your help and expertise I will begin a new journey to delve into this. I have soo much to be thankful to you for sharing all this very valuable information. You have opened my mind.

Birdie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
I have been doing a lot of reading as well as listening to therapists I have had explain it to me. They are studying the brain constantly to figure out what is happening in the brain of someone suffering from PTSD as we are losing so many vets that come home crippled with it. I have been reading about it constantly for the past 10 years as it has crippled me and I could not understand it or even how to reduce the often "intrusive" symptoms it presents. Some people have it worse than others so a lot depends on the person and the trauma they experienced along with how sensitive that person is.
Hummingbird1950 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes