catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 22, 2019 at 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheRainbow View Post
I was actually out of the hospital. I didn't explain well. Every week I filled my pill box under supervision. Then that went home and went into a box that was locked with a code. I had access to that so I could have taken that much medication at once but no more than a week's worth which was fairly safe (and as my therapist pointed out, if I wanted to overdose I could go into any store and buy meds that he couldn't control). The box at home being locked was meant to slow me down if I got upset and impulsive; I never needed that safety feature.

It wasn't fun but it wasn't that bad either. It was what I needed to be safe and it worked. I'd do it again if I had to.
Thanks so much for your interesting information.

Hmm. That doesn't sound like a bad idea to me, and I'm thinking that when my pdoc mentioned something about me having to take meds under supervision, that's what she meant...a lock-box. I kept imagining myself driving to the clinic before bedtime and having some security guard watch people take their meds, lol. I couldn't figure out what on earth she was referring to.

I'm happy to hear that the lock-box was a success for you. That's great!

I wonder if I can request a lock box just in case I am tempted to take too many pills. I don't expect to be, but better safe than sorry.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi