View Single Post
writbre
Newly Joined

Member Since Aug 2019
Trig Aug 22, 2019 at 03:46 PM

Going to Four different GP's,
Calling a therapy place,
contacting several therapies online,

And months later I am nowhere. GP's gave me leaflets for therapists that deal with low anxiety and school stress. I am 20 years old showing signs of a psychiatric disorder with extremely complex problems on top.

I call a therapy hospital and they place me on an 8-month waiting list after I talk about sometimes feeling suicidal.

I contact several therapies with my problems to have them - not bother replying, tell me they can't help, OR direct me and fob me off as someone else's problem... The list goes on and on.
Four months later here I sit still on this god damn 8-month waiting list to see a therapist that specializes in stress from school exams, parental divorce, anxiety and depression - that sort of thing.

Psychiatric disorder Bi-Polar runs in the family, I have trauma, disabilities, suicidal thoughts sometimes, self-harming addiction, show signs of either Borderline or Bi-Polar not sure, dissociation- the list goes on. My problems are the size of a novel.

So why does my system keep fobbing me off, and referring me to doctors that don't deal with disorders and only focus on bloody anxiety? I've had depression and anxiety since I was 9 for christ sake, I don't need someone to sit there and be like "aw you feel sad sometimes, huh?"

I need a professional psychiatric doctor to assess whether or not I suffer from a genuine dangerous psychiatric disorder.

It's just funny that when I was younger and sick from my disability the system had no problem throwing me at a psychiatric doctor to assess if I was making up my illness (which they said I was until I got an actual diagnoses) but I tell them "sometimes I feel suicidal and I can't keep going on like this?" and their response is "8 months. Hang in there." I kid you not.

But also after 5 minutes of speaking to me: "YEAH, You don't have Bi-Polar" 5 minutes of speaking to an anxious girl who can barely stutter out a sentence and you've made up your minds huh?

And my sister's doctor don't get me started - there are very few people I really dislike but she's one of them. Herbal medicines and snorting at people's problems and ignoring her phone calls and not bothering to schedule appointments is NOT how you deal with a patient who is diagnosed with Bi-Polar. The best thing is if I get referred I have to see the same doctor, YEAH **** that!

Suffice to say this mental health system is definitely: "Huh, guess I'm going to give up and I'll get some help when I inevitably have a mental breakdown and try to end my life. If I fail I might actually get some help, if not then oh well!"

What kind of system has people sitting down saying to themselves - "Guess I'll wait until I eventually end my life." ????

I'd just sit down and sort it out like I have every other problem - ALONE. If I didn't worry I might have something that can ONLY be cured with MEDICATION.

Last edited by bluekoi; Aug 22, 2019 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: Add triggger icon. Administrative edit.
writbre is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn, Fuzzybear, hvert, MickeyCheeky, princesscookie19, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Skeezyks