Thread: PTSD or CPTSD?
View Single Post
Codep

Member Since Jun 2019
Default Aug 22, 2019 at 05:41 PM

My name is Dawn and I have a question regarding PTSD and CPTSD.

3 years ago, I was 8 months pregnant. I had been in a relationship with the father of my children for 8 years. One evening out of the blue, he told me that he just didn’t love me anymore. He also told me he was moving out. I was completely blind sided. I thought everything was fine. I was weeks from having our second child and was excited for the future. The night he said that to me I cried and I felt the most desperate, scared, humiliated and alone I had ever felt. The next morning I remember thinking, that I was no longer the person I was yesterday. I felt like hearing that from him was so traumatic that It somehow changed me. I felt broken. And now 3 years later I am still scared and desperate and broken. thinking about that day for too long at a time will trigger me to a fit if heavy weeping and I feel the same feelings I felt in that moment 3 years ago.

It has affected any other romantic relationships I’ve tried to be in. I’m filled with such an empty, lonely and misunderstood feeling every day. Could a single interpersonal event such as this cause PTSD or CPTSD? And because it is just a singular but also interpersonal event that caused the trauma would it be PTSD or CPTSD?
Codep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote