View Single Post
openminded352

Member Since Aug 2019
6 hugs
given
Default Aug 22, 2019 at 09:53 PM

I appreciate all your responses! I have cut contact with her - such as blocking on social media at least. Deleted all photos, got rid of her belongings... deleted out of my phone and any traces of her as well.

It’s slowly getting easier day by day, the thoughts are there in the quiet times... such as going to bed, or waking up... I have trouble sleeping lately, which I know is normal due to stress and the fight or flight response.

I do expect her to eventually reach out - as she attempts to keep all her ex’s in her life... seems to be her thing. I know this time, with all the concrete facts of cheating and lies, I’ll be able to delete her text and ignore her calls without responding or picking up.

I do worry this has affected me; I don’t want this to prevent me from falling in love again with a better person. It’s like I know there are BETTER people out there... but now I have to convince my heart to know that as well. Dealing with insecurities and trust issues all my life, I don’t want this piling on.

I’m finding myself again, and learning to be comfortable as I was before I met her... single guy; a homeowner.. successful in career.

Next week I plan to start waking early to hit the gym at least once a week... as well as go out after work and force myself to socialize - even if it’s just saying hello to people and introducing myself.
openminded352 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
GypsyOfTheEast, Open Eyes