Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 23, 2019 at 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoretical View Post
Shame. It is very interesting, and I wonder what compels people to react the way they do.

It isn't about the conversation so much, but the presentation. I would've giggled, joked, fidgeted, and otherwise acted giddy and anxious like everyone else was.

A question though, what do people feel when they're like this? Can they stop behaving this way?

Of course I'm not going to tell people I'm a psychopath, not even if they flat-out asked me. That would be silly. By "deeper level," I mean the more serious scenarios which lead people to feeling anxious or afraid. Sure, they'll joke about my lack of reaction to whimsical adrenaline junkie games, but they might not find the humor if we come upon a fatal car accident and I still fail to react.

What do you feel when you're worried? I'm just trying something new and looking for advice.

And admittedly, I am a little amused by people's curiosity.
I don’t think something “compels” people to feel. It’s just a natural response. Its usually subconscious. I don’t know why I am afraid of heights, perhaps I think I might fall down, no clue. It’s just “is”. Yes it’s interesting.

Some fears are due to actual OCDs so it’s just how people are wired. And some are there without abnormality. It just is.

Imho most things people feel and react to aren’t on a very conscious level. That’s why when asked why people compel to feel and react certain way, you likely will not get an answer because there is no answer. Of course there are exceptions. Sometimes we can explain why we feel certain things

Most behaviors and reactions could be controlled (unless the person has a particular disorder). Most people control behaviors and reactions in public because of various reasons. But we can’t really control feelings and emotions, just a response to them
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote