catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 24, 2019 at 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheRainbow View Post
I just got my own. I had 2 toolboxes that had the capacity to have padlocks attached. One held all my dangerous meds and went to therapy with me (I always felt self-conscious but nobody seemed to really notice) and the other stayed home and had one (later 2) weeks of at a time in it. That was the one with the code I could open myself when it was med-time.

If you have someone at home to help with meds they'll probably suggest doing something pretty similar but with your meds given to you daily from a locked box. I just didn't have that kind of help so we did it the other way. I was on a really strict safety plan; for quite a while I had to give up sharps to my therapist as well and I even had a few weeks I wasn't safe enough to shave my legs.

Things are much, much better now.

First of all, I'm so glad to hear that things are much better for you now.

I am impressed by your idea to create a lock box for yourself. What a wonderful way to self-care.

I am seriously considering doing the same thing (I don't have anyone to help monitor my meds at home). I am not sui at this time - and of course, I say to myself that I will be able to control myself if I am tempted to take too many pills. In reality, however...not necessarily the case.

Thank you again, Rainbow
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow

Thanks for this!
BeyondtheRainbow