View Single Post
CrypticMaus

Member Since Jun 2019
6 hugs
given
Default Aug 24, 2019 at 01:01 PM

It was before I was officially diagnosed with severe anxiety, but I definitely was written off 90% of the time I was upset for being "emotional". It still happens nowadays, most people I talk to refer to me as dramatic or emotional. My therapist thinks that my responses are completely normal, I just have a lot of things happening at one time.

Honestly the worst experience of it was being written off by my mom whenever I'd come to her for help. I'd be sobbing about being bullied by a girl in my class, and my mom would say I'm just on my period and that's why I was so upset. I cut myself off from friends and isolated myself because I was being abused by my boyfriend at 14, my mom assumed I was just being a teenager and dramatic. To this day, 7 years later, she still can't admit that I was abused. I tell her multiple therapists defined what happened to me as abuse, and she just shrugs and goes "yeah, he was a chump I guess." It makes me feel like I'm going crazy. I know my reality gets warped at times, and I register things as threats when they're really not (which is common post-abuse!), but making myself constantly question whether or not things happened to me only makes things worse.
CrypticMaus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
HD7970GHZ