View Single Post
silverblue1111

Member Since Aug 2019
3 hugs
given
Default Aug 24, 2019 at 05:50 PM

I can relate, I was raised where negative emotions were not okay, I had to pretend to be happy and compliant no matter how I felt. My mother would shame me if I expressed emotions in convenient for her. So I grew up to doormat in personal relationships and at work. What helped me significantly at least expressing myself was taking assertiveness training from a company that does business management class learning tools on how to deal with common work situations that use to completely overwhelm me. I learned how to stand up for myself without being an emotional wreck. It's so much better than being a human doormat and then exploding in anger when the unspoken resentment and hostility got too much.

I know this might sound like a strange suggestion but what about taking acting classes so you can learn to connect your feelings to physical expressions?? This might sound weird but sometimes I think when we were really shut down as kids we didn't learn things the way kids learn them- physically. I know at least I internalized and intellectualized a lot of what was going on when I was young and that's not how kids learn. Kids learn by doing. Maybe some lessons in how to emote properly could help???
silverblue1111 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Mendingmysoul

Thanks for this!
Lonelyinmyheart, Serpentine Leaf