View Single Post
WastingAsparagus
Student of Life

Member Since Mar 2014
2,911 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 24, 2019 at 08:29 PM

So, my pdoc said I could just stop taking 45 mg of Remeron cold turkey. Based on what I've read about withdrawing from meds, I'm not sure about this.

I took 0 mg Remeron on Wednesday night, 0 mg on Thursday night, and 15 mg on Friday night (my pdoc said I could take a little Remeron -- which he specified as being 15 mg, if I felt withdrawal symptoms). The thing is--I have an interview coming up on Monday that I want to go well and all.

I am not sure whether to go up to the full 45 mg or not. The problem with the Remeron is it makes me incredibly tired, which has become problematic when I have engagements in the morning.

So, on the one hand, I want to get off of Remeron, while on the other, I want to maintain my stability.

I'm also on a pretty hefty cocktail of meds, besides Remeron, however. Abilify 30 mg, Effexor XR 450 mg, Zyprexa 5 mg, and Xanax 1.5 mg.

Any thoughts? I know I'm basically asking you to play psychiatrist, but that's not really what I want out of this thread. I just want to hear your opinions.

The thing is, I've been really scared in the past about going off of my meds because I have done so several times on my own in the past, and that hasn't gone well. I have a lot of fear built up around that subject for a good reason, I think.
WastingAsparagus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady