Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 25, 2019 at 09:19 AM

Quote:
I don't actually thinks she wants me to leave, I say I want to leave because I got huge abbandonment issues due to my mom I think leaving when I was a kid but that's a whole nother story and I feel unworthy of people coming into my life, so maybe get people to look bad in my eyes so everyone can agree for me to take off or something like that. Also when I notice people get close or I start thinking they like me I start feeling weirded out and change a little, but I keep to my stories. Example...when we got really close I'd not always answer the phone right away and just looked at it because I felt weirded out getting a call thinking maybe that person likes me...WTF!!!!!???? so I would just call later.
THIS is what you have been trying to fix. You are trying to FIX being rejected. And your father tends to get in the way of that goal when he tells you it's a waste of time. You are FIXATED on this woman because she represents a puzzle you feel you need to fix that was more about your mother abandoning you that you were too young to prevent and are probably thinking YOU simply were not good enough for her to want to stay and be your mother and LOVE and CARE for you.

Unfortunately, things can happen to us in our childhoods that present us with some kind of problem we may feel compelled to solve that can bother us for the rest of our lives even.

My father's mother just up and left one day, she never let him know where she was either. His way of fixing that challenge was to marry a woman he knew loved him more than he loved her. He constantly put my mother down, was very controlling over her, did not want her to experience healthy self esteem either. My witnessing this as a child COMPLETELY confused me as I could not understand why my father was often mean to my mother. Basically what I was witnessing is how my father punished my mother for something HIS mother did that he never wanted to experience again including how that made him feel. He himself was not fully aware of that yet my older brother did hear him say, "Marry a woman that loves you more than you love her, that way she will never leave and you will have more control over her".

You are trying to fix how you felt in your past and because this woman remains elusive even though you keep trying to get her to "care" about you. This is your effort to finally FIX whatever you experienced in your past with your mother. And when others tell you she isn't interested etc., you don't want to hear that, it may even trigger you because what you really want is to find a way to FIX that old wound you have in you from your mother abandoning you.
Open Eyes is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote