Thread: Vraylar
View Single Post
Anonymous35014

Default Aug 25, 2019 at 10:22 AM

I have not tried Vraylar, no, but some antipsychotics do make you feel "flat"/"emotionless"/"blah." Zombie like. Seroquel did that to me.

I have flat affect and flat vocal tone according to my therapist, pdoc, and several psychologists. Flat affect is when you don't display your emotions well or at all. It's different than not feeling anything. For example, with my flat affect... You can say something that makes me feel sad/depressed and I will have a straight face. Alternatively, you can say something that makes me feel VERY excited and I will still have a straight face. It's not that I'm trying to hide my emotions. I literally have issues expressing my emotions through my face. I just don't do a good job of showing my reaction to things, even though I VERY MUCH feel emotions.

I wouldn't say I have a resting b_tch face where I look angry all the time. I literally just have 0 emotion showing on my face... a blank stare, if you will. I've always been like this. In fact, my therapist says she has no idea how to gauge my emotions because I show nothing. She has a hard time reading me.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
cptsdwhoa