View Single Post
Dedalus

Member Since Aug 2019
Frown Aug 25, 2019 at 04:00 PM

I am sorry the mental health system is failing you. Have you tried being more direct? A lot of times people in mental health systems can't relate because they've never been there. They are used to the politics and ways of the workplace, and that's based off communication. I've got schizophrenia, among many other things, and to help my nurse practitioner sort it all out, I wrote down all my symptoms on a piece of paper. Businesses like pieces of paper, so they can put it in their records (but take a picture or get a copy for yourself). For me doing this helped my newest NP (was in relationship that dragged me all over the States) realize that, indeed, I have schizophrenia -newsflash. I also didn't trust her, so I lied telling her I didn't hallucinate, but she still knew something was going on. Anyway, so my point is you may try and clearly communicate what you are saying. They may only have 20 mins to talk to you, and even though it's a sad fact, they can't diagnose what they can't understand -that's just been my experience.

Write down in a journal all your feelings, trying to keep it as rational as possible so you don't exacerbate your problems, get too emotional, etc. Then, make a summary of these things that are your symptoms, and then go to your GP, or psychiatrist, or whoever, and maybe that will help. If not, complain to the supervisor. That might make them pay you a little bit more attention and take you more seriously. Hope this helps
Dedalus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote