View Single Post
happysobercrafter
Elder

Member Since Jul 2017
9,930 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 25, 2019 at 07:32 PM

Well, the short answer is my focus for the past almost 7 years has been to heal my mindset.

In more detail, as an addict, when I stopped drinking (11-16-2007), I switched to food.

Along my way in recovery, I realized firsthand how powerful accepting what hurt me was to heal me. So, I kept going; any thoughts I had that troubled me, I sat down and wrote them out and accepted them for what they were: Part of my reality.

Once I did that, they no longer tortured me like they did.

Doing that, it became easier for me to see what needs I have that are unfulfilled. Unfulfilled needs trigger cravings.

Working on those issues got me to have periods of time where my cravings settled down. Then, life happened, and they started back up again. So, I continued to work on that and now, today, I have been craving free since in July; I think. At any rate, I have lost enough weight to go down a clothing size and have felt no hunger or cravings for anything unhealthy.

Considering I have had weight problems for ages, not to mention the anxieties and depression, being free of cravings, worries and losing excess weight is HEAVEN!!

I will put an ebook together where I outline my steps. The best part of this? Everything I have done to get better is fully proven by science to be the best way to heal. And now, it feels like second nature.

We have astonishing power at our fingertips. But, we have to clear the way and get the obstacles out of the way to develop and use it.

"Love you.
Take care of you.

Be true to you.

You are the only you,
you will ever know the best.

Reach for YOUR stars.

You can reach them better
than anyone else ever can."

Landon Clary Eason
Grateful Sobriety Fangirl Since 11-16-2007

Happy Sober Crafter
happysobercrafter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote