continuosly blue
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2011
55 hugs
given
Default Aug 26, 2019 at 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeeeeyore View Post
I've just been informed I need heart surgery or I'll die. Although this may be a painful death and I guess theres a tiny chance hell exists, I can't see the point. I have had depression since 8 which has worsened with age, I have been trying to kill myself since I was 13, the most serious 2 attempts being in the last year. I'm now 38, have no family or friends or job. I exist on very little money and rarely go out. It just sounds a weird idea to prolong the life of someone that doesn't want to live. Was wondering if anyone else is in the same situation?
I’m not in your situation or anything similar at this time. But I do think I understand how your feeling. If I had a life threatening problem whereas I would die without treatment, I just might refuse treatment. WHY ? Because of depression, similar to yours. I’m sorry if you disagree but I feel that refusing ( possible ) life saving treatment is basically committing suicide. That’s just my personal opinion. Wanting to die everyday and then given a legitimate way out
....... well it’s pretty obvious. Just remember, your pretty young and your situation CAN change for the better, to the point where you would want to live
and be grateful for the opportunity ( the heart surgery ) to do so.
Best of luck to you, either way.

*Disclaimer * Anything I have posted is strictly my own personal opinion or experience , and is in no way, shape, or form
meant to portray a professional assesment of any kind.
CB
continuosly blue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote