Grand Member

Member Since Feb 2006
2 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 27, 2008 at 08:02 PM

(Danialla, yes to NZ !!)
And the saga goes on...
1stly the school hasn't given up on her. The Board of Trustees had to consider the risks to the other staff and pupils at the school. It turns out that things have not been documented clearly during the year (our school year begins end January and goes til December)- we have behavioural records that we use with Chloe and she has been getting stamps even if she has been hitting etc. So it turns out htat things haven't been so good during this time. Her special ed worker is really angry about this- like she said, if the teacher had let her know that things weren't so good then she would have been down there doing what she could. I guess the teacher has been a lot of the problem too- she hadn't even read the behaviour comprehensive that the special ed worker spent over 240hrs doing, where it clearly states about the brain injury. THE TEACHER DIDN'T EVEN KNOW CHLOE HAD A BRAIN INJURY BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T BOTHER DOING HER JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, 4 schools have said no to Chloe so now there is a new process that we have to go through that could potentially take 3 months (or more). Luckily we had an appt with her paediatrician lsat night, he hasn't seen her this bad (behaviourally) for several years, and he is doing all he can to help. She is being re-referred to the child psych team (there is more to this than just straight behavioual stuff); and until we get her a school he has put her back under the hospital school- they come into the home a few hours a week, for those children who cannot attend school for health reasons.
*Peanuts, the principal had no say whatsoever in the verdict from the board, and has done and is doing all she can to sort things out for Chloe.
*Rhapsody, what is an ESE school? I know of a school (1000km away) that takes these children, but that is no good for us...
*Kaika, when I chose 'Chloe' I had only ever heard it 1x before, but since then it's everywhere we go!!! It is becoming very common now.

And thanks everyone for your posts. When I got home Wednesday night after the meeting I was in a really bad space, which is why I came here to post. I had meant to put at the top that I was just 'getting it out', no need to post replies; but it is really nice to get this support. So thanks again.

sujunew is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote