~Christina
Legendary Wise Elder
Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 27, 2019 at 03:40 PM

Retail jobs hours are always being cut down at different times of the year, but between Thanksgiving and Christmas you will be worked to the bone.

Many lousy companies prefer to have almost all staff be part time so they do not need to offer any benefits, paid days off or sick days.

Honestly I think probably 50% or more of the workforce across the country could lose there job or have hours cut to where a person would need to find a new job or a second job.

I worked in medical my entire life and never had trouble finding a job but a few positions I had were just a dead end and all I had to look forward to were cost of living increase in pay yearly ( useless in my opinion) not really a real raise so I chose to find a better paying position with another Doctor or Clinic , hospital.

I started in retail at age 16 , by age 17 I realized that healthcare would be the best place for me to have a career in, until robots take over there will always be jobs taking care of people.

Try not to let her scare you too much but put some thought into professions that might ensure your likely to have long term well paid employment.