View Single Post
Anonymous46653

Thumbs up Aug 27, 2019 at 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummingbird1950 View Post
So... saw the new therapist today and I think she will do just fine. She was very interactive, called me by name, very empathetic and validating. I will be going back to her on Thursday and then once a week thereafter.

Now the new dilemma with the new psychiatrist. I bought secondary insurance so that I would not have a copayment. Talking with that group today, they will continue to collect a co-payment until 90 days have passed and I cannot afford the 20%, so I guess I will continue to look for a new psych doctor and not go back to that practice, which in a way is a relief not to go back there.

So, all in all, it was a very good day !!

Birdie
Hi Humminbird!

I am sorry that I didn't get back to you before you went to your new psychologist. I wanted to wish you well and to tell you to hang in there. I knew you must have been very nervous and scared! Congratulations on finding a much much better one than the last one!!!!! I am really happy for you.

If you don't mind me asking, did you get to tell her about what happened to you. I know that that was so traumatizing. I wonder if you can get your money back for that visit. That was not a visit. But, I am happy and relieved for you that she seems like someone you can work with. At least, she doesn't have 2 heads, you know.

I'm sorry about the financial struggle regarding the new psychiatrist. You know if you get into a Day program, you can more than likely get assigned to a psychiatrist there. I hope you can get either one soon. In the meantime, if you are already set on your medications, you can ask your primary care doctor to prescribe them for you. This would be until you find a new psychiatrist or enter a day program were they would more than likely have one available to you.

Thank you for updating us! I am happy for you!!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Hummingbird1950