View Single Post
Dinah

Member Since Jan 2005
Default Mar 27, 2008 at 10:28 PM

Mine is a bit of both. Regarding time, he is more strict. He tries to help wind up a session before sending me out. But it rarely is more than fifty minutes before the session is up. In fact, the only time I remember it being more than that is when I was trying to leave because I was angry and he wanted me to stay.

There for a while it was a bit of a problem, because I really was in no shape to drive. He stepped around me once on the stairwell where I had sat on a step to collect myself and asked if I was ok. And afterwards told me I was welcome to sit in the waiting room if I didn't feel I was able to drive home, as long as I didn't disturb the other clients. I was underwhelmed, and continued to do what I normally did. Take a short nap in my car before driving.

He's not terribly good on the phone, and I concluded that he was trained not to be good on the phone so he wouldn't get many calls. So I offered to pay for phone calls longer than five minutes. And I do.

He does give hugs. And accept small token gifts on special occasions. But those are his preexisting boundaries, so I'd say he is firm on that as well.

What I really admire about him is that he doesn't bend his boundaries just because I want him to. Or because I'm upset. Sometimes I convince him that I'm upset for a good reason, and he'll change his behavior. But he'll never change his behavior just because I'm upset.

I like that about him. It makes me feel more trust. I'm not entirely sure why, but it does. It's not that he's stubborn, because if he is convinced I'm right, he will change. But he's firm.