View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Aug 28, 2019 at 12:20 PM

Thanks for sharing your dream. I'm not knowledgeable with regard to dream interpretation. So I can't really offer anything substantive with regard to what your dream's message might have been. My thinking, with regard to this sort of thing, is that it's probably just indicative of all of the violence we're exposed to in the media nowadays. It tends to make even the most stable of us at least a bit fearful & paranoid I suspect. And this probably can & does come out in our dreams. I seldom remember my dreams anymore. But when I do, if I think about it, I can usually recall something I experienced the day before (perhaps even just something I saw on TV) that could easily have been the trigger.

You mentioned not being able to move. And this sounds a bit like sleep paralysis which is something I'm familiar with. I don't have much trouble with it anymore. But I had it for many years not understanding what it was about. I only knew that, whatever it was, it was terrifying. By the way, if sleep paralysis is something you've ever struggled with, I read somewhere that a person is more likely to experience episodes of sleep paralysis if they sleep on their back. And I pretty-much never sleep lying on my back anymore which is, perhaps, one of the reasons I don't have trouble with it anymore.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Moose72