View Single Post
zoiecat
Grand Member

Member Since Apr 2017
409 hugs
given
Default Aug 30, 2019 at 08:40 PM

I'm sorry you are struggling with your T. I know you are not happy with his new approach. Do you mind sharing what techniques he was using previously? Were they helping or is the whole problem due to your attachment?

You may want to have your online T teach you the DEAR MAN skill from DBT. It will help you reach out to your T or anyone in your life using a technique that is most likely to get the best response. This does not mean they will definitely respond the way you want, but will allow you to make your feelings known and improve your chances of a favorable outcome by pointing out what the other person will get in return. (Sometimes this requires a bit of a compromise on both parts). It is worth always worth a try. DBT is helpful with controlling your emotions throughout many of life's ups and downs. It also teaches you how to handle disappointment and rejection when it is not possible to work things out in your favor.

I wish you the best. I see that you are in pain and frustrated and feel the need to lash out. There is nothing wrong with that but is it working? Have you discussed these feelings with your online T? Or have you asked your current T if you can try any other modalities? DBT skills will definitely help you with these types of conversations.
zoiecat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote