WastingAsparagus
Student of Life

Member Since Mar 2014
2,911 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 31, 2019 at 01:59 PM

Hey everyone,
I am currently doing a master's degree and am having a lot of trouble trying to finish my work.

I know it might sound stupid that I began a master's degree without knowing what it would entail but hear me out.

One reason why I began it was to get a legal visa in the country I live in.

I just recently obtained that visa.

But the thing is, I am really struggling with how to finish my work. It's like ever since I finished undergrad (last year), I cannot do a dang thing in regard to school.

I passed one class with decent marks here.

However, I am really getting stressed about the rest of the master's degree.

I thought initially I would have liked the subject matter (translation).

However, that is beginning to get really hard, too.

I probably sound like I'm just complaining.

Another thing is that I formally quit the master's program once already and had them reinstate me once. So that means I should probably be pretty sure about what I want to do this time around (or as sure as I can be).

Any thoughts or advice? Thanks.

Oh, and I also don't have a job and the master's program only meets on Saturday. So that kind of stinks. And I have few employment prospects here, to be honest. I may get a job at some marketing agency, but it's kind of a job I think I'd loathe. I've already tried my luck teaching English but that went terribly because I wanted to be in the master's program at the same time and I got really stressed out. Now, I wonder if I could just drop the master's program and go back to English teaching. I don't know. I quit the English teaching job I had before (and basically burned bridges with that company). I am thinking as I type this, actually. Anyway, advice would be appreciated.
WastingAsparagus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote