View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Aug 31, 2019 at 04:15 PM

Hm-m-m-m... well... I don't know. I do believe this is possible. But, although I have tried to make significant changes in the way I lived my life in the past, I always ended up sinking back into the same old ruts. So I think, to some extent, it may depend on the person. Just because I couldn't do it doesn't mean it's not possible. And, actually, I would suspect being 48 might be a great time to do it. You're old enough to "know your way around the world", so to speak, but not so old that you've yet begun to run out of steam.

One problem I always had was I was married & my wife had expectations as to who I would be & how I would live my life. So I wasn't free to simply do whatever I wanted to do... or be the person I felt like I should have been. In your case, if you're not encumbered by family relationships, that may make it easier to simply throw caution to the wind & strive to become the person you believe you could be. I do think, if you want to try to evolve from the person you are now, now is the time to do it. It won't get easier the older you get.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
unaluna