View Single Post
WastingAsparagus
Student of Life

Member Since Mar 2014
2,911 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 31, 2019 at 07:52 PM

My past pdoc said I could take Xanax three times a day. So, I took her up on that advice because I was feeling anxious at that time in my life. This was around a month ago, maybe a little longer. Now, after switching pdocs, given that my old one was prescribing too much Zyprexa (15 mg) and my parents got all mad about it and were against my pdoc (I don't know why, because it seemed to be helping me)--that aside--I switched pdocs and the new one quickly titrated me down to 5 mg Zyprexa. Now, he raised my Zyprexa to 7.5 mg. But I still am not off of the Xanax, which worries me, because I don't think it really even has much of an effect anymore. My current pdoc said I could go down on Xanax by cutting the dose in quarters and for one week, I should take 3/4 of a pill, then after that, 1/2 of a pill for a week, and then after that, 1/4 of a pill for a week, then after that, nothing in terms of Xanax. I haven't felt confident enough in my decision-making lately to cut down on the Xanax in that way.

Anyway, I am just looking for some support on meds and what to do when your parents oppose your pdoc's decisions (my parents are 5,000 miles away and I'm 26 years old, for context). I don't know what to do because now I feel dependent on Xanax. Also, I could go back to the old pdoc, who I liked more because she was better, I felt, at her job and didn't make changes rapidly. The new pdoc also made other changes really quickly, like upping my Effexor XR from 300 mg to 450 mg instantaneously, and also upping my Abilify from 22.5 mg to 30 mg over the course of a couple weeks.

To top things off, when I ran out of Remeron one day and I forgot to refill the prescription, my new pdoc refused to give me the prescription that day (I live like four or five blocks from his office)--and said I'd be fine if I didn't take 45 mg Remeron one night, save for the fact that I can NEVER sleep without Remeron, a fact which I told him and he still couldn't give me the prescription.

Also the new pdoc charges significantly more. I know what I feel like doing, but I am afraid my parents will oppose it.
WastingAsparagus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady