View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Sep 01, 2019 at 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB2371 View Post
Are you sure you know what you want to change about your life? Possibly make that your first goal and go for the rest later. And so what if your friends notice. Maybe take their thought into consideration too. If they are your real friends, what they say matters. If they leave you, okay fine. But they could help you build a better you for you, and them and help you reach your goals.
Perhaps the better word would be resistance or interference. Actually I have a super negative "friend" and she is a serious problem and I don't know how to get rid of her. I mean I am in the next office to her AND she refuses to respect such niceties as not walking in my office when the door is closed. I have spoken to her about it. Anyway .. I think a lot of the behaviors, at a work place that is toxic and used to me acting one way for 17 years... could cause problems if I started acting differently. For instance what if people took my kindness and joy as hitting on them? Which I could see happening. What if those who are evil and backstabbers took my trust to make problems. I feel like a long term workplace is as much of a trap as marriage on my ability to reinvent myself.

All of that being said, I think perhaps the key is to do this slowly. One step at a time so people don't notice too much.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Mendingmysoul