View Single Post
Anonymous35014

Default Sep 01, 2019 at 07:55 AM

I took up to 30mg (I think that's the max dose?) at one point. It wasn't effective for me. It just pooped out after like 6 months.

I don't remember getting agitated on it at 30mg, BUT I did become agitated and suicidal on Seroquel XR when I reached 250mg, so I know that APs in general can DEFINITELY cause agitation. It's no joke.

Personally, I would not try to wait this agitation out. I started off agitated on Seroquel and then the agitation turned into suicidal thoughts shortly thereafter. I'm not saying that'll happen to *you*, but there's always the risk that it could get worse, and I don't think the risk is worth it based on my experiences.

If you're adamant about waiting it out, I'd say give it a week tops. Usually symptoms resolve within 1-2 weeks, but 1 week should give you better idea of how the agitation is going to play out.

Also, FWIW... most people don't take Abilify at night. They usually take it in the morning because it's "activating," as others have said. So I would not expect Abilify to help with sleep whatsoever if you take it at night. I mean, some people can and do take it at night (I did), but I think most people prefer the morning.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*

Thanks for this!
still_crazy