View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 01, 2019 at 03:29 PM

If he's gone out of network, he could be much more expensive for you starting next year. Actually, it could even affect you this year, depending on how your insurance works. Mine reimburses 60% for out of network, which my T is, but I have to pay him his full fee upfront first, then submit to insurance (which can take forever--like months--to process and pay me). We've met our deductible (which is much higher than yours, Susannah, wow!), but there's a separate in-network out-of-pocket max (which we'll meet soon) and out-of-network out-of-pocket match (which I doubt we'll meet). Meeting the deductible for us just means that insurance starts paying 60% rather than nothing (well...the first chunk of the deductible is covered by H's employer--it's complicated!) In other words, I'd pay close attention to your insurance statements to make sure you aren't going to be responsible for more payment even though you've met your deductible. And to see if you'll need to submit bills to insurance for reimbursement (or maybe he'll do that for you--ex-T and ex-MC's office had a receptionist who took care of that; current T does not). If you will end up paying more if he's out of network, I'd talk to your T about potentially reducing your rates.

To answer your question, I'd definitely want to know about a change in fee. I think they're technically supposed to give a certain amount of notice as well. I'd expect at least a month.
LonesomeTonight is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
koru_kiwi, SalingerEsme