View Single Post
Newly Joined

Member Since Sep 2019
Default Sep 02, 2019 at 07:19 AM

Hello 👋,
I’m a 23-year old female who is on the Autistic Spectrum. I generally live Monday-Friday in supported living. I go home 🏡 to my parents and sister at weekends and for holidays.
Anyhow, my parents get mad quite a bit. They go on at me. My mum in particular gets mad a lot. They yell (if you can call it that). I have spoken with them many times about this. They interpret it as hurtful, like I’m saying they’re horrible people. I have great compassion and kindness for them and all sentient beings. I don’t want them to get mad as much. I’m going to talk about this with my support. It makes me feel upset, could increase my anxiety (something which I unfortunately suffer with very much, although it does get better) and could have a negative impact on mine and their mental health.
My mum was very stressed 😩 and cross this morning. She was saying that there are too many people in the world. She said (as a joke) that we need another plague to kill a few off. This upset me. I’m an extremely kind, compassionate and very sensitive person.
She gets mad when we’re running late, when stressed, when I don’t do as she wants me to, when I don’t do as I’m told and when I’m upset with anxiety.
I’m also a (near) vegan and I’m very, very passionate about animal rights. This might make me unpopular, but I do feel that people should be forced to be vegan. Yet, I can’t speak up when I see something I disagree with (e.g fishing) or when they eat meat for fear of anger.
Please help. Please be nice, no anti-vegan comments or other abusive comments. I don’t want my parents or anyone to get upset about this, I just want it sorted out.
Thank you 😊 to the moon 🌒 and back.
Best Wishes to all,
Rory.
Have the best day and night ever!
3942 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Skeezyks